Monday, March 1, 2010

Cross Training Begins

I forgot to mention in my race post-mortem that in 2008 I had been doing a lot of cycling on my road bike (100 miles / week ish). Getting down on the bottom of the drop bars really get the thighs working - good for the hills.

Not wanting to destroy my good bike in the bad weather and salty roads I've been building a winter bike, which I've only just finished after starting it in October ! Anyway came home from work today and it was a beautiful, if cold, day so thought I'd take the new bike for a shakedown.














The trusty steed

Did 18 miles, the first 4 in daylight, and it took about 1hr 15 mins, so quite happy with that. The bike feels good, but the gears need a bit fine tuning, the cables slack and they were autochanging - v annoying. Feet were frozen by the time I got home, but an enjoyable starlight ride no the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment