Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Spectacular Bike Crash - ish

It was another cracking cold clear day and I'd arranged a bike ride with my friend, Alan. We met at his house and the route was basically fromWoodside, outside Coupar Angus, down to Scone and back, not far, about 23 miles.
















The route

All went well until about 4 miles from home when I bonked - good style. Pushing the pedals even on the lowest cog was a real struggle and I would have killed for a Mars bar, but as it was a relatively short run I hadn't taken any supplies. I think it was a combination of lack of food, dehydration, the cold, yesterdays snow plod and a general lack of fitness combining to drain my legs. When I finished I was lighted headed and just needed a seat for about 10 mins whilst Alan fed me chocolate biscuits ! Alan's fiance Claire made us a hearty lunch and after that I felt much better.

Today has reinforced to me that I'm not quite as fit as I'd like to be and there's a long way still to go to get there. It's going to be hard work ...

No comments:

Post a Comment