Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Winter Plod & then the Club Run

Had a day off and planned to go to the mountains, but as I'd be on my own and after looking at the avalanche forecast I decided against it. Instead I went up the Sidlaws, the hills to the north of Dundee, they looked quite appealing still covered in snow and promised a good view.

Only walked 4 miles but it was slow, energy sapping stuff, one step the snow would bear your weight, then next you were up to your knees - even Cody found the going tough. But the views were spectacular from the Perthsire & Angus hills over to Fife and the Bell Rock lighthouse.















It was very tempting to sit down once I got home but I forced myself along to the running club for a route round Dundee known as the 5 hills. It's a physically tough route with the added obstacle of taking in a lot of streets with shops that are busy with pedestrians and I had a few near misses, but covered the 8 miles in 59 mins, then home for a hot shower to warm up. Out on the bike tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment