Friday, March 5, 2010

Speed session in the dark

Went out tonight on a road near my house where, according to my GPS, the distance between 2 road signs is conveniently 1 mile. No street lighting so still need a headtorch - roll on summer !

Anyway not a big speed work fan, more a slow plodder so planned to do 4 x 1 mile runs at a reasonable pace. I had done this about a month ago and took 1 1/2 - 2 mins rest between each run, my splits then were

1st mile - 6m 21s
2nd mile - 6m 41s
3rd mile - 7m 02s
4th mile - 6m 51s

Tonight I planned to only take a 1 minute rest between them, hoping to get them all under 7 mins. Splits were -

1st mile - 6m 33s
2nd mile - 6m 27s
3rd mile - 6m 41s
4th mile - 6m 35s

All pretty consistant, I was quite chuffed with myself, guess my long term goal should be all under 6.30 - groan. Not looking forward to the next time though, improving on tonight will hurt.

Good luck to anyone doing the first event i the SUMS calander, the Glasgow - Edinburgh Double Marathon tomorrow, I'm impressed, couldn't event think about that at this stage in the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment