Monday, March 15, 2010

A Run in the Dark

My training has suffered a bit recently. The first week in March we were hit by pretty bad snow up here ruling out any rural trail runs. Then the last week or so I've been working long hours on a massive job at work, meaning I just haven't got out at all. So tonight when I came home from work, despite the fact I couldn't really be bothered I forced myself out for a 10 mile run. Thankfully the roads are pretty quite round about me so I put the headtorch on and set off into the darkness.

I covered the 10 miles in 72 min 35s, which I was quite happy with. Never been under 71 mins for that run so I guess my goal should be to go 69 mins. Mile 8.5 - 9.5 was my measured mile which I covered in a pleasantly surprising 7min 8s.

This has now bumped my monthly mileage for March up to an appaling 22 miles, about a third of where I'd like to be at this stage. Eeeek !

No comments:

Post a Comment