Friday, April 23, 2010

Fling Tomorrow

It's my 3rd Montane Highland Fling tomorrow, which means I can stuff my face contiunually with food today and if anyone makes comment I can just mutter something about "carb loading".

I'm feeling pretty good about tomorrow at the moment. I had a deep tissue massage on Monday night, which was a similar experience to the dentists, but has definately eased my right hamstring. I'll not repeat the profanity Lee uttered when he started working on it, needless to say he was amazed at how tight and knotted it was. I went out for a gentle 10k on Tuesday, just to see how it felt, but I was still aware of it, hopefully the rest since then will have helped.

It's an early start tomorrow, will probably have to be up about 04.30am, and I'm working tonight, hopefully I will get away early. Incredibly this year there are 343 runners involved according to the latest update on the website. I have Gaynor, my sister, and Cody the hound supporting me, they're now old hands at it and are pretty good too otherwise they wouldn't be asked back !

My plan tomorrow is to try and run without the added pressure of a watch, so I'm not going to wear one, I'll just pace myself by how I'm feeling and I'll see how I get on. My previous times have been 09:55:44 in 2008 & 10:20:10 in last years disaster. I think this year I'm on good form so secretly am hoping for a pb - sub 8 hrs ? Aye , right !!!!!

Good luck to everyone running tomorrow, I'm off to get my stuff ready ....

1 comment:

  1. Have a great race Gavin ... and remember to take those salt tablets!

    See you tomorrow

    ReplyDelete