Friday, May 14, 2010

A Wee Update

I'm concious that I've not updated my blog since the Fling almost 3 weeks ago, but I should be putting that right finishing off the race report tomorrow or Sunday.

I was hit with a stinking cold, pretty much the second I finished the Fling so that laid me off running for the best part of a week, but I'm back into it now and running quite well. Did my usual Ballo Hill - Lundie Crags run the other day and took more time off my pb for the route - 65:55 - can I get under an hour ?

And also ran my usual 10 mile route from the house, again going faster than I have done before in 70:42, with mile 8.5 - 9.5 run in 6:40. It felt pretty relaxed so I may yet achieve my sub 70 min target.

On Wednesday I went for a longer run, doing the Cateran Trail from Briudge of Cally, to a bothy I know as the Lunch Hut, then running back again. It's about 29 miles with quite a lot of up and down. I set out to run it quite relaxed, went out in about 2hrs 28min and finished in a total time of 5hrs 13min, not a blistering pace but an enjoyable run none the less. I struggled a bit at the end of my run, but I had only eaten a packet of peanuts and a few jelly babies, so it was my own fault.


















Map of the route

For anyone running the Cateran Trail race on Saturday Good Luck, I hope to see you at the start line, and remember to leave something in the tank for the end - there's a lot of climbing once you're past Enochdhu !

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you at the start yesterday.

    See you in five weeks!

    ReplyDelete