Sunday, April 11, 2010

Highland Training Camp !

I had a few days up north in Aviemore last week, spent a day skiing (there's loads of snow!), did some mountain biking and managed to sneek in a wee run in the Rothiemurchus Forest. It's one of my favourite places on the planet, in amongst all the knarly old Scots Pine. I ran out the new foot / cycle path between Aviemore and Loch Morlich, which is called the "Old Logging Road" and is an excellent feature allowing you to avoid the road, which was extremely busy with ski traffic.














The snow laden Northen Corries of Cairngorm

I then meandered back through the forest, navigating from memory as I didn't have a map. This was a pity because if I could have stayed out longer and extended my run I definately would have. In the end I covered 11.5 miles in a relaxed and very enjoyable 1hr 36min. Here's my route -



No comments:

Post a Comment