Sunday, April 18, 2010

Tapering ?

Ran my usual 10 miler tonight from the house, planning to take it easy and looking to do it in about 75mins. It was a pretty chilly night with a stiff easterly breeze which made the last few miles a bit more difficult. I started off in daylight but ended up in the dark - it's not quite as summery as I thought yet.

As usual I got a wee bit carried away and ran it in 72 mins 24s, but felt quite relaxed, the only niggle I have is my cramp prone, right hamstring which is still really tight, but IO have a massage booked for tomorrow night and, whilst it's not much fun, it usually helps.

One more run on Tuesday with the club, then it's the Fling on Saturday. At the moment I'm feeling a lot fitter and much more positive mentally than I was at this time last year so am really looking forward to the big run, I just need to drink more in the opening stages 'cause I aint running the last 36 miles with cramp again this year !!

No comments:

Post a Comment