Wednesday, February 24, 2010

22 miles round Loch Ordie

On Monday 22nd Feb I went back and ran the route that nearly killed me last year when I sank into the peat bog. This year I reversed the route and took the dog and a marathon running colleague, Graeme, with me.

I’d done a 13 mile training run a couple of weeks before but this was my first longer run in this year’s preparation. The weather was perfect - a crisp, cold, clear day and as we gained height to the north of Loch Ordie we were running on hard packed snow, with a crispy layer on top, which gave excellent grip and made for really easy running. Thankfully the ground was frozen hard so there were no bog encounters this year. The views over to Lawers & Schiehallion were stunning.
















The last few miles were a bit of a struggle for both of us and inclines were walked but we did the 22.6 miles in 4 hours 16 mins, which I was happy with for a first run.

No comments:

Post a Comment