Monday, February 22, 2010

2009 Race – A Quick Report

Compared to 2008, my run in 2009 was quite disappointing compared to 2008. If my finishing times had been reversed I would have been delighted with the progress between both years, all I wanted to do in 2008 was get near to 24 hours - strange how perceptions change !

Not really going to dwell too much on the 2009 race but suffice to say I felt quite good for most of the race, getting to the head of Loch Lomond feeling particularly fresh, but I just didn’t seem to be running that fast.













Stopping at Rowerdennan


I had a long stop at Tyndrum and found it a bit difficult to get going, but Rannoch Moor was a much more pleasant experience this year compared to last, and I felt good coming in to Kings House, but again stopped too long and struggled to get going from here again, but felt better going over the Staircase.


I made up a few places coming out of Kinlochleven and felt ok going through Lairigmor, but the last leg was really difficult, not like 2008. I could sniff a sub-21 hours time and tried to push it but it just wasn’t there. I basically crawled over the line in 21 hours 1 minute and was absolutely shattered !




















Shuffling over the line


I must say a big thank you to my support crew, the A Team – Gav, Nat, Tom & Zoe and Team 1 – Gaynor, my Mum and Jamie. They did a great job taking shifts so that they were never far away and I definitely think I have the easy bit. I hope no-one ever asks me to be a support crew member, I think it would be too difficult !













The A-Team !









Team 1 !


Now down to the serious business of preparing for the 2010 race …..

No comments:

Post a Comment