Sunday, January 4, 2009

Post Xmas Fitness

Following xmas I tried my best to undo some of the excesses so on 28 December I decided to see how Cody our dog would get on with a run now that he is 6 months old. He is a chocolate lab / springer spaniel cross and we cannot tire him out.

I took him on a 17 mile run in and around Loch Ordie near Dunkeld. He has boundless energy and even as we approached the car after more that 3 hours he was going strong. Once we got home however it was a different matter and he fell into a deep sleep…























I then drove up to meet friends Tom, his wife Zoe and his sister Kate in the Black Isle for a couple of days walking. It was absolutely Baltic outside day and night with temperatures between -7 to -10 so it was a real bonus that the central heating in the cottage was broken – not ! On the 29th we tackled Meall a’ Chrasgaidh in the Fannichs. It was one of those crisp, clear, cold winter days where my camera battery went flat after the first photo.


On the 30th Tom, Zoe & I walked Cairngorm and the Northern Corries. I have walked this route many, many times but I have never seen it so busy. Probably a combination of the brilliant weather and the holidays.











Tom & Zoe on summit of Cairngorm


On the way down Loch Morlich was completely frozen over and a popular spot with sightseers. This may have been due to the temperatures in Aviemore reaching -15 the previous couple of nights.

I had 3 good days of exercise and thankfully can report no ill effects.






No comments:

Post a Comment