Thursday, December 4, 2008

Physio

Since I had a fall in 2001 I’ve had a problem with my left knee and during the Fling and the Race I was swallowing ibuprofen like they were sweeties to help me get through. My knee had also been a bit painful after the training run last week.

After falling from my bike I had arranged through occupational health at work to attend a physio, but by the time I arrived at the appointment today my hip was back to normal so I took the opportunity to speak with the physio about my knee (which was also heavily bruised after a fall whilst walking the dog).

I thought she may be annoyed that I had changed the reason for attending but she was great and decided that there was nothing wrong with any ligaments, but my kneecap may not be tracking properly so showed me how to tape it up so it was back in place.

First thoughts are that it is making a difference and feels better supported but I’ll need to give it a try on a long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment