Monday, April 7, 2008

Cateran Trail










After 2 weeks off I run the 11 miles home comfortably and decided to risk a longer run at the weekend. Fiona, my wife, is taking part in the Maggie’s Challenge Monster Bike and Hike on 3 May, (a 31 mile cycle followed by a 43 mile walk) so she and her friend decide that as training they would walk the Cateran Trail from Spittal of Glenshee to Bridge of Cally . I drop them off then drive back down to BoC and run the trail to the lunch hut a couple of miles shy of the Spittal. On the way I'm transformed into a snowman a couple of times by passing flurries but it's blue sky between them. After a quick bite to eat Iran back to BoC and met up with Fiona.


This was the longest run I’ve done to date, 28 miles in 5 hours and still felt fresh, but I’m very conscious the Highland Fling will be twice that. Quads are a bit weary though !

No comments:

Post a Comment