Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Slow Start

I decided to get off my backside on a recent trip to Aviemore and did my first run since August  ln Tuesday - wahay !! It was only a little over 4 miles, and rather embarrasingly I found it a bit harder than I thought I would, but it was a circuit around Loch an Eilein, so the scenery was fantastic -


Loch an Eilein, castle in the foreground, snow covered Braeriach in the back

The next day was a snowy ascent of Cairngorm, the snow was right down to the car park and we passed a few hopeful people carrying snowboards up the hill. It was a cold, crisp, clear, beautiful day and the summit cleared of cloud just as we approached, giving awesome views. The descent was a blast running straight down, through the snow, it only took about half an hour. The following day, after a stormy night, it looked like most of the snow had been scoured off the mountain by the wind - the ski centre may have to wait a bit longer.....

On the summit of Cairngorm

2 comments:

  1. Well that's you done your mileage for the WHW :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY funny Debs !! This year I'm planning on doing a few more miles, but given how lazy I am that may be easier said than done !

    ReplyDelete